Let The Professionals Do it for You!
If you still can’t figure out what to wear for engagement photos and just want to give this over to a professional I suggest you use Trunk Club for men or StitchFix for Women or StitchFix for Men. With Trunk Club you get a personal stylist that will pick out your clothes, ship them fedex to your door, you try them on, if you like them you keep them, if you don’t you ship them back for free. Its that easy. Its a great way to try clothes you would not normally try. The best part is that you know the clothes they send your are always going to be in style, its their job! Give them a try, you can’t regret it.
What to Wear for Engagement Photos
Rock layers and accessories. This is all about giving you choice and flexibility, and if it usually takes you a while to feel natural in front of the camera, accessories are perfect for giving you something to do with your hands. Looking for cool ways to tie a tie? Click here. If you’re stuck for creative ways to wear a scarf, try here.
Give yourselves options on the day. Even if you’re certain you know what look you’re going for, bring at least two outfits, one dressy and one casual, and mix it up. Trying different looks makes for great versatility in your engagement shoot, so ladies, give yourself the option of a skirt and pants.
Another one just for the ladies – you know we’re going to get some amazing shots of your engagement ring, right? So make sure that the ring is sparklingly clean, and your nails are done.
The Do’s and Don’ts
for Engagement Shoot Outfits
- Professional hair and makeup
- Professional wardrobe consultants
- Embrace bold colors
- Splurge on fantastic new shoes
- Launder and iron your clothes (we’re not your mom, sorry! Even photoshop won’t get those wrinkles out)
- Bring props (we love including items that are especially meaningful to you; your pet, an instrument, a hobby, sport or whatever suits you the most)
- Wear white or khaki unless they go with your skin complexion
- Wear anything with big logos or lots of writing (it detracts from the two of you)
- Wear exactly matching outfits (unless you’re going for heavy irony!)
- Wear brand new clothes straight from the store (spare yourself the wrinkles and fit issues)
- Wear clothes that are too tight or too baggy (if it fits perfectly, you’ll feel perfect; if it doesn’t. . .)
- Wear white socks that peek out of your pants please guys!
- Tan right before your shoot (tanning disasters can happen at any time, but right before your engagement shoot? Disaster!)